60 seconds with... Auditel
We caught up with Cost Management Consultant Paul Millican from Auditel about his thoughts on travel and working with CTM.
Paul Millican, Cost Management Consultant, Auditel
1. Please tell us a bit about what Auditel does and your work with CTM
Auditel helps clients to take control of their costs, especially in areas where they may lack the confidence or knowledge to feel sure that they are consistently getting best value. Travel is one of these cost areas and where CTM is proven and trusted to always give honest advice and a robust service.
2. What would you say are the main challenges for the cost-conscious traveller in 2016?
Consistently getting best value, while ensuring they stay compliant to any company travel policy in place.
3. What are the best ways to manage expenditure in the current business climate?
The best way to manage expenditure in any business climate is to truly understand what travel needs are actually required. Flights are a big factor in the area of travel spend and realistically short-haul economy is becoming more necessary and should be considered normal; but sometimes habits die hard. The expectation for business class travel as the usual for corporate travellers seems to be, for many, a hard habit to break.
4. What are the biggest hurdles for the clients in your view in terms of cost management?
Finding the time to truly understand their cost consumption and the needs of the business. Unrealistic time pressures often lead to ill-thought-out cost-cutting, which runs the risk of damaging the business rather than managing cost appropriately.
5. How can business travellers benefit from the CTM/Auditel relationship?
Auditel and CTM have both the resources and skill – something clients might not have the luxury of having in-house – to elicit the true requirements and specifications that business travellers need to manage their travel spend and travel arrangements most effectively.
6. What are the cost management trends to look out for in 2016?
A definite move away from cost cutting, to a more holistic and strategic view of cost management. The traditional lines between travel, company car ownership and meetings and conferences will further merge, as mobility and further developments in technology combine. Single-platform solutions to cater for any and all business needs regardless of mode of travel are becoming increasingly more valuable and relevant.
7. How do you see the CTM/Auditel relationship developing over the next five years?
CTM has proved to be a key partner for travel advice, supplying up-to-date knowledge and practical solutions for clients. As technologies continue to progress, I see CTM as a valuable asset as they appear to be leading the way with travel technology at this time.
Top 3 tools CTM has equipped your company with
- Absolute confidence in knowing who to pick the phone up to, whenever we consider a client’s travel needs.
- Absolute confidence that CTM’s technology will be efficient, accurate and informative, ensuring the client gets the best deal possible.
- Absolute confidence in the attention to detail and expertise that CTM offer, so we can best serve our clients.
If you'd like to find out more about working with CTM, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing us email@example.com or calling us on 0845 470 8702.